1. This comes from Mathematica (IIRC) and is not otherwise standardized, but there may be some disambiguation benefit in using the double-struck italic letters from Unicode’s Letterlike Symbols block: U+2148 ⅈ and U+2149 ⅉ.

    At the very least, I’ve found it useful to use those characters in my source code (via \newunicodechar) in case house standards require upright roman, or bold, or whatever formatting.

  2. falowo

    I want to put a curl over voltage symbol to signify that it is complex voltage . Do you know how to do it

    • tom


      I’m not familiar with the notation, which is why I might have gotten the symbols wrong. You might still find the code below useful.

      Cheers, Tom.

      Some text $\overset{\sim}{\text{\si\volt}}$ other text.
      Some text $\displaystyle_{\text{\si\volt}}^{\sim}$ other text.

Leave a Reply